Please be sure to confirm your consignor number and arrange for your volunteer time at firstname.lastname@example.org
PICK UP TIME IS BETWEEN 1:30PM AND 2PM. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PICKED UP AFTER THE SALE!
FOR $5 YOU CAN ENJOY A PRIORITY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE BETWEEN 8AM-9AM. ALL FUNDS COLLECTED GO DIRECTLY TO BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF NORTH DURHAM REGION.
NEW Volunteer times:
Friday: 4pm-6pm, 5pm-7pm, and 6pm-8pm
Saturday: 8am-11am (with a volunteer shop offered between 7-7:45am) and 11am-2pm.
*Volunteer times are limited and on a first come first serve basis. Sign up begins 30 days before the sale.
Please read all the details for the procedures of the sale carefully:
1) Make sure you have contacted us at email@example.com and have been given a consignor number!
2) Keep in contact with us (via Facebook is best!) to sign up for your volunteer time, which is typically organized the month before the sale. Volunteer times are either the Friday night before the sale (set up) or right after the sale (clean up).
3) Drop off your items in bins or boxes with your consignor number clearly marked on all of them. *Please take your lids with you after you drop off your bins! We can’t keep track of everyone’s lids.
4) Sort your clothes into two categories: Spring/Summer & Fall/Winter, obviously we are looking for clothes and accessories that go with the season.
5) All clothes must be washed and folded, no rips or stains. If you can sort them by size, it makes unpacking much faster.
6) Each item must be tagged with our tags (downloadable PDF is below), clearly stating your consignor number, the item, the size, and how much your price is. Having all these details helps if your tags go missing from your items.
7) When pricing, think what you would pay for it. If items come back from the sale, you may consider putting a new tag on it, next time, with a lower price, this increases your chances it won’t come home again.
8) The tags MUST be affixed by safety pins, on the outside of the item, so that the price is easily seen. If the item can not take a safety pin, use masking tape, or put the item(s) in a clear ziplock bag with the safety pin and tag attached (see picture above for examples). NO SCOTCH TAPE.
9) There are many items that display better if they are hung up, like dresses, jackets, costumes, etc. you are welcome to have items on hangers, we will make sure they are hung up on the racks.
10) If you’re selling something that has multiple pieces (like a toy with detachable parts or a two piece outfit) make sure you tag each item in the set, put the price on only one of the tags but state on all tags the number of pieces that go together with as much detail as you can.
11)Please do your best to affix the tags securely, however tags and items can get separated, please check the lost and found section of the sale by the cash.
Click the link below to download and print your tags!
Consignors are needed to volunteer to set up, sort, cash out, and pack up.
Consignors who volunteer a minimum of 2 hours to the sale will receive 70% of their total sales.
Consignors who do not volunteer a minimum of 2 hours will receive 50% of their total sales.
To ensure we have enough volunteers throughout the day to cover all the required jobs, consignors must arrange their time prior to the sale to benefit from the incentive.
*Cheques will not be written for amounts less than $10. Balances for less than $10 will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Durham Region*
Consignors, to arrange your volunteer time contact:
NO CHILDREN PERMITTED DURING CONSIGNOR’S VOLUNTEER TIME.
(As well as set up on Fri. and Sat. consignor shop and pack up)
By accepting a code number and entering items into the sale consignors have agreed to comply with the following rules. Please read carefully, thank you.
• Articles that may be consigned are children’s clothing; sizes infant to 16, maternity clothes, baby accessories, children’s books, toys, footwear, games, videos, puzzles. No cribs, stuffed toys, nursing pillows or adult clothing allowed.
• All articles must be tagged prior to drop off and only with tags issued with the consignment package; please photocopy sheets provided if more tags are required.
• Use only safety pins (1 inch or larger) to attach tags to clothing articles.
• Use only masking tape on
non-clothing articles such as books/toys: no scotch/duct tape.
• Use only one tag per article. Articles with more than one piece should be joined with safety pins or other secure method.
• Pricing on articles MUST BE IN MULTIPLES OF .25 cents.
• Do not change the price on your tags once it is filled in. Use a new tag if you need to change a price.
• Sizes are to be recorded using numbers; ex. 2, 3, 4, etc. ONLY.
• Clothes and accessories must be appropriate for the season
• All clothing must be clean and in good repair.
• All toys and other articles must be clean, in working order and include all pieces.
• Be sure all tags are secured and completed in full. Items that lose tags cannot be sold OR returned to the consignor.
• Articles not meeting these
standards will not be put on the floor for sale and will be returned to the consignor at pick up.
• All items must be packed in BOXES with your code number clearly marked on the top and sides of all boxes; garbage bags will not be accepted.
• Drop off your boxes of items Friday night prior to the Saturday sale starting at 5:00 and ending at 7:00
*Although we take measures to have all items accounted for, we are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.